Sporting Goods ProductThis page is here to provide you with the information you need to bring a sporting goods product invention idea to market.
Do you have a new sporting goods product that you have invented? Do you dream of seeing it on store shelves at retailers like Dick's Sporting Goods, Bass Pro, Academy, or Sport's Authority?
Getting a new sporting goods product to market can be a difficult and time consuming task. There are several critical steps to getting your new product to market.
First, you must decide if you are looking to license your sporting goods invention or if you are looking to build a business around your product.
If you are looking to build a business around your sporting goods invention, it will require long term persistence and be capital intensive. If you are looking to license your product, it will be a lower risk route to go as you can proceed without inventory and an infrastructure.
Licensing Your New Sporting Good Product Invention:
- Find out if your idea is patentable
- Find out if there is a market for your product
- Have your product designed and prototyped
- File for patent protection
- Conduct market research to identify key contacts
- Develop Presentation Materials
- Begin pitching your product to the companies you identified.
- Receive feedback from the companies.
- Work with the companies to create a mutually beneficial licensing agreement.
*Note that companies like Dick's Sporting Goods are not your best target. Your best targets are sporting good companies that sell products through/to Dick's Sporting Goods and other Sporting Good Retailers.
Idea Buyer LLC provides services to inventors for very reasonable rates and works hands on with select products. http://www.ideabuyer.com/contact_us.php